Monday 8 April 2013

Penang Food Hunt #20 @ Yi Garden Cafe, Macalister Road

Located strategically as a tourist spot, Yi Garden Cafe is a popular place for yummy Oh Chien, Wan Tan Mee, Sar Hor Fun and Oyster Mee. We actually intended to eat at New Lane Street, but the hawker stalls were off for business. Therefore, we walked from New Lane to Macalister Road which is not very far. The Oh Chien here was claimed to be one of the best in town, so how can we miss it?! Wan Tan Mee was in my list too. Between Sar Hor Fun and Oyster Mee, I opt for Sar Hor Fun as I wanted to compare with the one at Genting Cafe.
Oh Chien (RM7). Lots of Oysters. Nice! Again, it's the omelette type, but I personally think that it tasted better than what I had at Super Tanker. A little bit spicy and lots of big, fat, fresh OYSTERS!!

Wan Tan Mee (RM4.00). Springy and Q noodles in sweet dark soy sauce! Good!
Sar Hor Fun (RM5.00). Given with plenty of fresh ingredients. Kind of difficult to describe the taste, but I like it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...