Saturday 10 November 2012

Thai Food @ KhunThai, Teluk Kumbar

Been reading from blogs about this place, so I decided to bring my parents here for dinner. It took us about 1 hour to get there due to the jam during off-office hour. The restaurant is quite isolated from the town and we eventually thought that we went to the wrong place. :D 
The big signboard at the entrance
Cute Tuk-tuk with KhunThai labeling on. Tuk-tuk is the traditional three-wheel taxi in Thailand.
Mum and I! Blur pic thou.
Beachside Dining Area
Just nice to enjoy the sunset.
Modeling =P
My parents allowed me to order whatever I want and we really had a lot that night. LOL! The service was fast.
Kempar (RM12.00). This was "la-la" steamed in lemon juice. It's a highly-recommended dish in other blogs, so I ordered it. It was REALLY GOOD! The "la-la" was very fresh and the sweetness of fresh "la-la" was uncovered by the appetizing lemon juice!
Closer view of the Kempar.
Kailan with Garlic and Salted Fish (RM9.00). This was just a usual dish. It would be better if more salted fish was added.
Kerabu Mango (RM9.00). This was good as well. The sweet and slightly mango with crunchy "ikan bilis" and cashew nuts. A salad which I never fail to have during a Thai dinner.
Salted Egg Yolk Prawn Cake (RM14.00). This dish was disappointing. I remembered the one I had at Thai Baiyok, The Heritage Club was so nice. That's why I wanted to try the one here. This was too dry and the fragrance of salted egg could not be tasted. Plus I couldn't even taste any bits of prawns. :(
You can see how dry it is from the picture.
Mixed Seafood Tom Yam (RM20.00). YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY! This dish was delicious! Generous amounts of seafood were served. The charcoal in between kept the dish hot all the time. It's not very spicy and sour. Great for people with lower tolerance to spiciness.


After all the sumptuous dinner, it's always best to end it with dessert. Thai Dessert!!
Tab Thim Krop (RM4.50).  Fresh coconut jellies, water chestnuts, sago, sweet potatoes and jackfruit. The dessert was served cold with fresh santan. 
Ahh~~ Writing this blog reminded me of how full I was that night.
The cashier.
I look tired! X.X
The restaurant has very nice design, showing the culture and heritage of Thailand.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...