Thursday 23 August 2012

First Visit to iChef Cuisine

iChef Cuisine is a new restaurant in town, which is just located next to CityOne. I had been longing to try out the western food there, so I finally set foot on this new dining place on last Tuesday. Another reason we plan our visit there was due to my "expiring soon" Groupon voucher. Too bad I did not bring my camera along, so I had to use my phone camera to capture all those mouth-watering dishes. So, the Groupon voucher offered Spaghetti Carbonara (you can choose either beef or chicken) and a mushroom soup. We also ordered Cheese-baked Oysters as appetizer and another main course of Lamb Shank. They also serve Foie Gras and Wagyu Beef, but it's $$$.

First came the Spaghetti Carbonara . I thought the appetizer should come first. Anyway, the taste was not that rich, more to a milky taste. Even though I opt for the beef, it still tasted like bacon that are normally served in Spaghetti Carbonara. 

 Spaghetti Carbonara (beef)

Next came the complimentary mushroom soup. It also had a milky taste with some spices inside. The garlic bread was crunchy, but kinda of salty.

 Mushroom soup

We also ordered cheese-baked oysters.. Love it!! The taste was just ok, but i just love OYSTERS! One of the oysters had just the right taste as the cheese used was rich enough, but only 1/3 had the perfect taste. This plate was kind of pricey.. RM24 just for 3 pieces of oysters..

 Cheese-baked Oysters

Finally, here comes the savoring Lamb Shank.. The lamb shank was well-cooked and tender. The mashed potatoes served along was also good (or maybe I just like mashed potatoes, so I'm not that particular?). Haha.. Anyway, I love this dish and I think it is worth the value of RM30.90.

Lamb Shank

Overall, they offered good eating surrounding and nicely displayed food, but the taste was just ok. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...